How to Use Compost
Compost is a soil amendment, or a natural fertilizer that when mixed with dirt can create a complete soil. Plants should never be planted into pure compost, because the rich organic matter lacks the mineral content necessary to form a complete soil.
- SOILUTIONS RECOMMENDS: Apply a 1-2” deep layer of Soilutions Compost to the surface of your existing soil in garden beds, tree wells, lawn and raised bed gardens annually in the fall and/or spring to keep your soil fertile and high in organic matter. Lightly mix it in and cover with mulch for best results.
7 Reasons to Add Compost to your Soil:
- Compost enhances overall soil health by adding nutrients and beneficial organisms.
- Compost help improve water retention capabilities of loose, sandy soil and also facilitates improved aeration and drainage capabilities to hard, clay soils by building soil structure.
- The organic material in compost helps prevent soil erosion. The water retention properties of compost keeps water from running off the soil surface. A 5% increase in organic material can increase the amount of water absorption capacity of soil by 4 times!*
- Compost helps to neutralize all soil types. Adding compost leads to soil which is better balanced– not too acidic or too alkaline. Neutral soil is the perfect environment for the growth of most garden plants.
- A layer of compost to your lawn adds necessary nutrients back into your soil for a greener yard and helps deter thatch. Thatch is a condition where dead debris from stems and roots builds up on the surface of your soil requiring manual raking or machine-powered dethatcher to allow your lawn to flourish.
- Compost added to soil aids in the sustainability and diversification of many lifeforms. From earthworms to fungi, beneficial bacteria and insects; healthy soil is simply richer in the necessary nutrients for all creatures to thrive. When there are more beneficial life forms living in the soil, plants grow happier and healthier!
- Compost acts as a chemical- free slow-release fertilizer. Adding compost to your garden soil can boost the production of both ornamental and edible plants while remaining safe for your pets, children and family.
SOILUTIONS RECOMMENDS: Apply a 1-2” deep layer of Soilutions Compost to the surface of your garden beds, tree wells, lawn and raised bed gardens annually in the fall and/or spring to keep your soil fertile and high in organic matter.
*BioCycle October 2024 newsletter Globalhealing.com
SOILUTIONS COMPOST - DELIVERED
- Precio regular
118.00/ CUBIC YARD DELIVERED
- Precio regular
- Precio de venta
How to Use CompostLEarn More
Compost is a soil amendment, or a natural fertilizer that when mixed with dirt can create a complete soil.
How We Make CompostLEARN MORE
Our production processes are designed to ensure quality while maximizing sustainability through increased organics recycling and production capacity.
What is Soil?LEARN MORE
Healthy soil contains a balance of mineral elements, organic matter, and billions of microorganisms, and so much more.