Soilutions products are sold in bulk quantities measured by the cubic yard (3’x3’x3’). Our handy coverage calculator will help you easily figure out how much compost, soil, or mulch you need for a successful project.
There are two easy ways to visualize a cubic yard:
- One cubic yard will generally fill the back of a standard sized pick up truck bed.
- One cubic yard is equivalent to about 27 standard sized soil bags (1 cubic ft) that you would find at a nursery or home improvement store would be equivalent to one cubic yard
How to Use Coverage Calculator:
- Start by measuring the area you want to cover. To calculate square footage, multiply width and length of your project area (Length (feet) x width (feet) = square footage). Enter that information into the Coverage Calculator.
- If you know your required depth, enter it into the Coverage Calculator
- Most customers choose to round up if they are in between numbers. There is nearly always a use for a little extra soil, compost or mulch in any landscape or garden.
Depth recommendations for common applications. For more details check out our guides: